At Central Bedfordshire College, we offer Hospitality & Catering courses designed to introduce you to a career in these exciting industries and then to develop your skills so that you leave us equipped with everything you need to progress on to further education or move directly into industry.
Why Hospitality & Catering?
Hospitality and Catering is one of the UK’s largest sectors with jobs ranging from Front of House staff up to executive chefs at some of the UK’s most exclusive hotels.
- 2 Million people work in hospitality and tourism
- Around half of these work with food
- Demand for Front of House staff has grown significantly
- Demand for bar staff jobs is stable despite pub closures
- Still there is a cute shortage of qualified staff in the Industry
Why Central Bedfordshire College?
We know that employers are looking to hire people with the skills to go straight into a working environment. This is why we have developed a brand new restaurant, which is open to the public and equipped with the latest industry equipment.
- Students run a real restaurant in college
- Food safety covered as well as cookery skills
- Realistic working kitchen area
- Customer service skills training
- Apprenticeships are available in Catering.